What Personal Information is collected?
Rack and Manage considers Personal Information to include any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify an individual.
Rack and Manage collects Personal Information that you provide directly to us when our Software is downloaded, online forms are filled out, Software is purchased, or when you communicate with us online, via email or phone, or within our support forums.
When ordering our software, Rack and Manage may also collect your username, email address, physical address, phone number, payment method data, IP address, forum comments, web analytics data, and any other data that you voluntarily provide for business purposes.
How is Personal Information collected by Rack and Manage?
Rack and Manage collects and logs your IP address, the time and duration of your visit, the time and duration of the pages on Rack and Manage’ website that you view (where applicable) and information about your computer system, such as your browser type and operating system, whenever a Rack and Manage Resource is accessed or used by you. In the case of Customers, we collect, maintain, transmit and/or use Personal Information provided by you in your Rack and Manage account, including without limitation, your full name, Rack and Manage identification number, billing data and contact information.
Rack and Manage also collects anonymous usage information on visitors to its website through use of Google Analytics. Google Analytics may employ third party tracking cookies to gather anonymous browser, operating system, geographic, and website navigation information. Use of the Rack and Manage Software requires the acceptance of cookies for login session management purposes.
Rack and Manage will likely place a cookie on your hard drive during the web visit. A cookie is a unique alphanumeric identifier that Rack and Manage uses to determine the number of unique visitors that view its website, whether or not those visitors are repeat visitors, and the source of the visits. Cookies cannot be executed as code or used to deliver a virus. Other servers cannot read cookies and Personal Information cannot be gathered from cookies. Cookies are simply an identifier shared between you and Rack and Manage to allow Rack and Manage to improve the services Rack and Manage offers to you through its website. If you do not wish cookies to be placed on your computer, then they can be disabled in your web browser. However, please note, permanently disabling cookies in your browser may hinder your use of Rack and Manage’ website as well as other website and interactive services.
Why does Rack and Manage collect Personal Information?
Website Visitors: Rack and Manage uses Personal Information to send information about Rack and Manage to visitors and to contact them when necessary. Rack and Manage also uses the information that it collects to improve the content of its website and as training aids for its employees. Visitors have discretion as to whether to give information through forms to Rack and Manage upon Rack and Manage’ request for information. Rack and Manage uses website use information to measure interest in and develop its web pages and marketing plans, customize the content you view on your web visits based on your activity during past visits, and administer Rack and Manage’ website. In addition:
- Rack and Manage uses a visitor’s IP address to help diagnose problems with its servers, and to administer its website.
Financial Information: Rack and Manage uses a third party to process credit card payments. Financial information provided via its website is transferred over a secure connection via Paypal and our other forms of payment are wire transfer through the bank or via check that is mailed to the Rack and Manage Headquarters located at Sofia, Bulgaria, Europe, 1330 Krasna poliana 33.
Credit card numbers are used by Paypal only for the purpose of processing payments. Rack and Manage will ensure that appropriate security and confidentiality measures are in place in safeguarding your Personal Information.
Support Users: Rack and Manage uses information that you provide to it via telephone calls, chat, e-mail, web forms and other communications to correspond with you about software or services you may be interested in purchasing. If you elect to purchase a service online using a web form, Rack and Manage will use the information to establish your account. Information you submit in writing, such as chat, e-mail, and web form information is archived and may be tied to information that Rack and Manage collects about your web visits. Your telephone call may be recorded for training purposes and Rack and Manage may enter information you provide via telephone into its systems to use for the purposes described in this paragraph.
Rack and Manage does not sell your Personal Information to any third parties for any reason.
How do we use Personal Information?
We will use your Personal Information:
- To fulfill a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on our websites
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the websites (“Sites”);
- providing you with services described on the Sites;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites;
- responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide;
- monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- training Rack and Manage staff about how to best serve our user community;
- improving our products and services.
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities; and
- processing your job application to Rack and Manage.
- Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you; and
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
- Rack and Manage employees and subcontractors, so they can facilitate support and maintenance service, who may be located in any of the countries our products are available in;
- subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use Personal Information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers which are located in US;
- technical and customer support services which are located in the US; recruitment agencies which are located in the US;
- marketing and analytics services which are located in the US; security and fraud prevention services which are located in the US;
- subscription management services which are located in the US;
- payment processing services which are located in the US. our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.) which are located in the US;
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
- other recipients where we are authorized or required by law to do so.
Rack and Manage is headquartered in the European Union (the “EU”). By utilizing a Rack and Manage Resource, you expressly consent to Rack and Manage’ access, maintenance, transmission, and/or use of your Personal Information outside of your country of residence, regardless of location or jurisdiction unless you are a EU Resident.
In addition to its obligations under EU law, Rack and Manage supplements the protection of the international transfer of your Personal Information by observing numerous industry best practices.
How do we keep your Personal Information secure?
We store Personal Information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location in the EU. Personal Information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
Rack and Manage does not sell your Personal Information to any third parties for any reason.
Marketing Choices regarding your Personal Information?
Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
You also have choices about cookies, By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly.
What information do we collect for web analytics?
When you visit our Sites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
- the domain name you requested;
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- the website which referred you to our Sites; and
- the operating system which your computer uses.
Our Sites are not suitable for children under the age of 18 years, so if you are under 18 we ask that you do not use our Sites or give us your Personal Information. If you are under the age of eighteen, please do not give us any Personal Information. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided Personal Information to Rack and Manage Enterprises, please contact us and we will try to delete that information from our databases. It’s the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our Sites.
What about Information you make public or give to others?
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
What laws govern disputes over this policy?
What about things that we can’t control?
When will we need to update this policy?
We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available at https://www.rackandmanage.com/privacy-policy/
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your Personal Information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at: https://www.rackandmanage.com/contact/
Attn: Data Protection Officer
1330 Krasna poliana 33
Sofia, Bulgaria, EU
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you:
For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your Personal Information.
How you can access your Personal Information?
You should email email@example.com to update your information or request information on the Personal Information that Rack and Manage may have collected. Upon request, Rack and Manage will provide you with information pertaining to what Personal Information we hold within a reasonable timeframe. Rack and Manage may retain certain customer information, after receiving a request to delete information, as necessary to comply with industry standards and legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce customer agreements.
These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your Personal Information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent.
Where we require your Personal Information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested Personal Information is optional.